Last night we got Chinese Food and here is how that went:
Drew: What's that?
Me: It's a fortune cookie (aside "crap, why didn't I hide that")
D: I want to have it
M: After dinner
D: I want to have it now
M: Eat some dinner first and then you can have the cookie
D: But I want to have it now
M: It's for dessert, you eat it after dinner
[enter dad]
Dad: Drew, eat at least some rice first and then you can have the cookie
D: No, I want the cookie now!
Dad: OK, here's half the cookie - you get half now and then the rest after you eat your dinner
[can you see where this is headed??]
D: I want more cookie
M: Eat your dinner
[Drew eats one grain of rice]
D: I wanna be all done - it's time for my other cookie
M: That's not dinner, please eat more
D: I want my cookie
M and Dad: OK Fine! Just eat the cookie!
...
M: Wait - what was your fortune? "Assert yourself. You have the power to get what you want."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment