Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday at the Farm

Last Sunday was a day to take Drew and his friend Ava to the farm. (You can go to her blog to see pictures of us from Anne's camera.) It was the "Fall Festival" there with everything you would imagine for a farm fall fastival. Lots of things to do and things to pet and ways to clean your hands. (Love it that Purell is now a household name - if only healthcare workers were as good...) There were a couple of "scary silos" too that we thought about going in. When we saw 7 year olds scream their way out of there and cling to their parents, we thought better of it.


We got there in the morning and walked around a bit looking at the animals, petting the kittens and going through a corn maze before hopping on the back of a tractor to hitch a ride to the pumpkin patch. We picked out our very own and headed back for a hot dog, a puppet show and the first caramel apple of the season.

Here we are sharing the caramel apple.

This is our friend Ava with her mommy.

The family photo (rare appearance, I know)

And this is what Drew did when he finally chose his pumpkin.

1 comment:

Anne & Scott said...

Love the pictures! And, I actually look fairly awake in that photo. (Everytime I see a photo of myself lately, I think wow - she looks tired.)

Thanks again for the excellent idea!
Anne