Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Milwaukee Zoo

Memorial Day weekend wasn't only about working through the to-do list. Drew and I met Grandma Karen and Da at the Milwaukee Zoo. WOW! That's what you get when you have a zoo you pay for! It was great and we didn't even get to everything. We did manage to ride the train and the merry go round (guess what animal Drew picked...) and see lots of other cool stuff.

Here we are on the train!



Then we went on the carousel and Drew chose to ride the jackrabbit!
Then we went to the farmyard and pet the goats afterwhich Drew promptly said "I wanna go wash my hands now."
Then we had lunch...
Then we played more on the playground.

Finally, we wandered around a bit more. We talked to peacocks and went "shopping." I thought we were near breakdown city when this picture was taken. Luckily for everyone, Drew put them all back and thanked the man for getting to test them all.

Of course, in between all of this we looked at animals (duh). The coolest thing I saw that day was a mandril. The coolest thing Drew saw was a garbage can in the aviary. Yes, $40 and the kid was facinated by a garbage can. He did say in the end he was equally impressed with the tree frog.
Super!

No comments: